May 01, 2007

burst bubbles

usually, i would wake up at 7:30am and enter the office by 8:30am to work as an accountant clerk in my dad's company. haha! being the boss's daughter, u'd think i can afford to be late but gah! i'm the accountant's apprentice. so... gawd, dun u hate rules and traditions like this?! then i work till 9.50am. get ready for work in Starbucks at 11am. would probably reach the mall by...11.45 or so. would be training till 5:30 pm. then i would continue working in my dad's company till 6:30 pm. and if i'm unlucky, my mom would be around and i'll work till the latest 7pm. sounds like torture? to me, it isnt really. got used to it.

I just work for peanuts. Like someone said earlier, u give ‘em peanuts, u get monkeys. Haha!

but it got a WHOLE lot better after getting to work in Starbucks. sounds reli weird huh? seriously, its blardy hectic and i'm not a FULL FLEDGED barista. the main thing that keeps me going-on is the genuine enthusiasm of the seniors teaching,yelling, snapping,some close to the point of just tipping the self doubt scale to the maximum.... and us, juniors having fun and some agony learning from mistakes. not much of stress once u get into the flow of things with so many others in a small space. o wells, and the smell of coffee is the absolute biggest PLUS. And the feeling of belonging somewhere and being treated NORMALLY is just like aphrodisiac! the pay is worth it, considering the fun of socializing, the hardships of being the small ‘kuli’ that everyone gets to have fun terrorizing, the experience gained and life lessons learned.

So now that I’ve resigned in starbucks , I feel abit of guilt assuaged. I’ve done my bit of atonement. After disobeying my father, will I gain his trust in me again? After openly admitting he has taken the offence of me not heeding his orders. I resigned as fast as my high heels can carry me. But he doesn’t show a bit of change in his cold treatment. Sometimes I wonder why I ‘blessed’ with so much chaos. Why cant I be a normal teenager with not much financial and family complications?

No comments: