April 20, 2007

blunder-rific starbucks experience

java chip, extra bold, earl grey, vanilla mocha, banana chip and many more coffee orders kept ringing in my ears. my mistake of the day: wore three inch high heels.*argh the pain!* but had major fun learning to make the drinks, giving out free frappucino as promotions, interacting with customers and so on~

manager was a guy, so he forgot to mention the dress code, and sed interview when he shud've sed its a trial run as a barista in Starbucks. he apologized fer the mistake of not informing me to wear comfy shoes. i was still dressed in my office attire fer the second interview, after passing my first interview two weeks before. was shocked when work started but bleurgh, didnt complain. did the trial run fer FOUR HOURS non-stop. IN HIGH HEELS! getting drinks done(95%), cleaning up(3%) and sending orders(2%).

truth be told, i dun reli know if this job is going to beneficial to me or not. since i'm keen on making it in the business world, i guess this is the way to gain more knowledge n experience of the working world after being in the oil/transportation,logging, agriculture and property management company fer three years.

oukei~ tis thyme to muve on~!

hopefully being in an internationally established company will help me understand the business world more. will be facing customers everyday than to speak with them on the phone, behind a desk with loads of paperwork. i'm quite familiar with most paperwork related to running a company. now its me working UNDER a big company. like what i answered the manager after the trial run, "my goal? well... i hope i can make it into the management team and then climb to greater posts in this company?"

CHEH~ that bit was a lil fib but a great answer for him, he gave me a five outta five for that answer! hahahaah! next target after completing at least ONE YEAR in Starbucks, hopefully a good restaurant or preferably, a tourism agency.

No comments: