September 10, 2006

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usi woke up at eight am, groggily took a shower, did the chores in utter silence as i'm not into talking in the early morning and then went into the office to check on the records of cashflow. it was probably two pm when i finally emerged from the growing piles of file and documents. i cleaned up my desk and locked up. amazingly, i felt drained of energy. i laughed at the thought of me when i'm even older. so far, my gasthritis and stomach have been fine.

so , i just plopped on the couch to watch telly when the winds started blowing really hard and rain soon fell....and there goes the Astro signals. i was at pinnacle of frustration. breathe in, out, in, out. okie... i went and feed the kois under an umbrella, praying for the lightning to strike me then i saw Tiramisu sitting between my squatted knees, looking at the fish eating. Misu kinda woke me up by telling me to take it easy and enjoy the view. and surprisingly, i did. who wud have known? learning life lessons from a puppy.

i had a rather interesting chat with Yun late last night till early this morning. its pretty great to finally meet eye to eye on a subject with someone who's in the exact same situation. it was about people's assumption : rich gurls. i've been called that all my life - jokingly, sarcastically or cynically. so has Yun. and we found out we both hated it and had the similiar retorts : Yun's -"i'm not rich, my parents are. and they worked really hard for it." Char's - "my parents are rich and they worked hard to be where they're at right now."

i admit, as a baby, i was pampered and grew up without the slightest of financial worries. my dad was a multi millionaire when i was 3, but i was not the spoilt as i was brought up in my dad's office with his staff, and was trained from there and them. i did my homework with my dad, and spent 95% with dad and the rest was with my family and friends. my mom was alredi fully occupied with my lil sister and i learnt fast that i wud nvr be mommy's lil gurl anymore..or ever will. then, the economic crisis hit my dad's numerous companies hard. but i didnt feel too bad, like i sed, i grew up hard and not pampered by money so i just found other ways to support myself and lighten my family's financial burden. my dad sold all the companies, assets and properties we had and left for KL. then, my dad started over. i lived my life rather independently and was proud that my dad noted it. he too was showing signs of success all over again. then in the middle of form two, my dad announced he was well established once more. he had two running companies, a car shop and got a house for us to move back. basically, my dad is the sole breadwinner of the family. thats wad i respect and love him for. maybe thats why i have nvr twitched at ppl calling me daddy's lil gurl than to rich gurl. dad is just the closest person in my heart... i love him lots for the sacrifices he has made and the love he gave me. i'm getting damn emotional here. haahaa! yea~ he's smart, fun, loving and rich. mentally and spiritually.

No comments: