December 20, 2006

never~ending grace

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"u noe wad? i think u come for youth camp with such a hunger of God's words, trying ur best to fill that spiritual hunger with a years supply of it." I looked at my aunt and went..." yea, i guess."

going to camp this year wasnt a mistake. wait! it was NEVER one. in fact i thought, this is probably the best camp i've participated. spiritually and mentally. for me , that is. i admit that i have not attended church fer... fer..... a lot of months? hahah! but my love and passion for His words has not dim. i believe that believing in God, it's not a MUST-ATTEND-CHURCH-OR-BURN-IN-HELL choice. i'm not a person who goes around judging other's faith but there are people who go to church all their lives and still they lose faith in Him.I sing and dance praising the Lord in my room every chance i get in KK and found that, it was enough. in the sense that, i'm not ashamed being a christian, i share about Him and i try to live by His words everyday of my life >:P

it started out pretty bad as Feon-na,my couz and i were late. as usual! always late! blame it in the genes. heheh! Eunice spotted me first, then it was Euodia,Melinda,Luke and so on. happy happy. went off to Golden Sands, PD. enjoyed the scenery while giggling once in a while with Feonna about odd-looking buildings or people(sorry!). got off the bus. carrying my super heavy bag and this unfamiliar fello sed, "hey charlotte." i did my signature look, quirked eyebrow with a side glance at him. i thot fer a while abt this : "1.who is this? 2.have i met u? 3.i dun remember u lar! 4.how do u noe my name?" then i mentally laughed..... i wore a nametag. so i returned the elo n handshake.so i met a new fren James, only to find out he's my team leader. ahyak#1! hahahahah!

then went at the hall and got distributed into our designated teams then had lunch. sat beside this reli cheerful fello named Daniel Loh. we talked and i enjoyed it thru lunch then asked him, "if ur not from pantai or subang church so where r u from? pls dun answer earth or peninsular" And he replied, "Penang." with a huge grin. i was like " wah! so far away!" he just grinned fer another five seconds and sed: " hello! i'm the camp speaker!" i thot he was around he was a youth... but he was older..... ahyak #2!

got to noe the my teams mates alot better thru icebreakers. the team = O2. the members: jolly James, lame Luke, enormous Eunice, sexy Stella, yummy Yolanda, cheerful Charlotte(ahyak#3) , boring Bryan, energetic Eugene, daring Derek, rocky Rick, merry Miriam, iron Ian, and Jeshua.

well, thru many activities i gotta noe my teammates quite well :) in many ways, i think we're quite a close knit. we encouraged and cheered one another till some of us actually got sore throats and lost their voices. we completed the stunts in the shortest time we possibly could till we got third place cuz we started the race last! we prayed fer one another. most of the teammates were a pleasure to know, talk, work and play together. gotta thank God fer giving me this chance to be acquainted with these wonderful people. and there were so many people who came up to me and sed, " hey Charlotte, ur Michelle's sis right?" then it changes into "and ohmigosh! hey! u sound/talk/hit/look like her!". letting them say it around fifty times, i'm not angry but just ruffled around the feathers. had a lot of talking till waaay past midnight with Sara and Eunice on the same bed.

and when Eunice decided to sleep with me, i was worrying my head not to turn around and crush her twig-sized limbs.hahah! and Eunice admitted she cudnt sleep in peace either cuz she thot i will die, sleeping face down on the pillow.(ahyak#4) hahahah!


on the last night of camp, each team must present a skit(a short act) based on a bible story. our team, O2 did a mix of parables - the lost son and the lost sheep. and in the skit, to contribute my bit..... i was a dancer and a.... wait fer it! wait fer it! a pig. (ahyak#5)

both parts were a major embarrassment. but gosh lar... some one had to do it right? sadness man....but my team did very well, overall. hehe! everyone did fab job lar~! then after everything was over, i had fun talking to my gud fren John abt everything! " i miss him so much!" and James stopped beside our picnic table and we looked at him oddly then sed, " my dog lar!" u bet hysterical laughter followed.

heard ghost stories till one a.m. with Kevin, John, Sara, Patrick, James, Kelly n some other kiddos. then played Empire till six a.m. with Isaak, Jeshua, Kenneth, Euodia, Melinda, Moses, Hann, and... cant remember la! but it was super fun lerr... eeyerrrr!

i wanna stay in camp longer! it kinda reminded me of home in Sabah. probably bcuz of the seaside lor. but oui! ... the sea side in KK compared to PD is just so much more better. hahahah! sorry KL-ites! if u think that was fantabulous....u gotta be kidding....KK beaches are seriously nicer lar..... white sands and blue seas...mountain backdrop.... huge birch trees...acorn trees.... fantastic sunsets...the windy weather...fuhyo... nuthin beats tht man....we're talking local beaches! not overseas! so dun come tell me abt super chun-ted beaches over seas ok? hehehe!

conclusion: i had major fun. and yea... growing in God's grace was quite the great theme. the speaker was fab. and this time, i reli got to noe more of life in God's plan and grace. it made me undastand much better that He made me who i am so i shudn't try to change who i am. there are so many things to improve on to be a better christian. i guess i felt that God has always been there for me. and i truly think that was His way of showing he loved me, even before i accepted Christ. after this camp, it made me come to noe that God loved me and always will. God's grace is truly enuff fer me.

super conclusion: i lost my voice. i have a headache. i miss my friends, old and new. i love shopping and i want more. i want to go swimming and... i miss him, my Tiramisu, i noe mommy will forget feeding u....my poor puppy! stupid airlines and customs! he's a tinie winie dawg! he cant harm anyone! but...darn... he bites my jeans to tatters! no joke!

No comments: